We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide services, and to enable certain functions on this website. We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to: Shelton Fleming, 14-20 Shand House, Shand Street, London SE1 2ES, United Kingdom.
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide services, and to enable certain functions on this website. We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website, and to present timely, relevant information to them.
What data we gather
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- IP address
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to client enquiries
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking from the company, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records.
- To improve the services we provide.
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
- To customise the website for you.
- To send you promotional emails about services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you. (You can always unsubscribe from communications we might send you. On communications, like a newsletter, we would provide an unsubscribe link. In any event, we value our relationships with visitors to our website. So, we wouldn’t want to flood you with emails and newsletters.)
- To send you promotional mailings or to call you about products, services, offers and other things that we think might be relevant to you.
- To contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research reasons.
Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website. Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific, to you. They also enable us to see information, like how many people use the website, and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
To learn more about cookies and how they are used, visit All About Cookies.
Controlling information about you
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you will see one or more tick boxes allowing you to:
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email.
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Write to us at: Shelton Fleming, 14-20 Shand House, Shand Street, London SE1 2ES, United Kingdom
- Some communications from us provide an ‘unsubscribe’ link, you can use that too
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to. Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the General Data Protection Regulations.
We will always hold your information securely. To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards. We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the General Data Protection Regulations.
Where your data is stored
It can be important to know where your data is stored. For example: there have been concerns expressed about data stored in the USA. The view being, data stored in the USA is too readily accessible to the American government. In Europe / UK, there are tighter controls on how data can be accessed by government bodies. For that reason, we store your data in the European Economic Area (“the EEA”). The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein. You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using Our Site and submitting information to Us. If We do store data outside the EEA, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the General Data Protection Regulations.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control of websites outside the www.sheltonfleming.com domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy. Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.