Technologies and trends shaping the Future of Events
Over the last couple of years, even months, a deluge of technologies has flooded the world of live events. Some are designed to streamline the event management process. Others are created to meet a seemingly insatiable appetite for new and novel experiences.
This paper looks at some of the developments that piqued our curiosity. Some have potentially far-reaching implications, like virtual conferences. Others offer practical online solutions to otherwise laborious event planning tasks that would have taken weeks in the past and can now be completed in a matter of minutes or hours, like choosing the optimum location and date for your event.
‘COOL TECH DISRUPTING THE FUTURE OF EVENTS’ INCLUDES:
- Blind date – app to find best date for your event
- Pitch perfect – using VR to overcome fear of public speaking
- NFC – near field coms simplify access to content
- Hyper-active content – smart WiFi reinvents space and time
- Virtually there – 360 VR transforms virtual event experiences
- Social mining – how to leverage social networks